Saturday, October 10, 2009

12/5/08 Snow and Slush

The forecast for the night was lake effect snow and amounts were to be fairly substantial. The next morning we woke up to a foot of snow so we took our time having breakfast in the room and got geared up around 9:00 am.





We didn’t want to go far so we all went to the 2A Bridge area. We had to wait a little bit since it was being plowed when we arrived. After parking, I got geared up went down to the stream to find it unfishable since it was full of slush. I hollered up to everybody and told them to put everything back in the truck. They looked at me like I was crazy, but when I got closer to them I told them about all the slush in the river. We took a bunch of pictures, then we went back to the room to pack up and head home a day early. It worked out good since we all had a great week and the extra day at home would be nice to get settled in before work on Monday.





After we left Pulaski and travelled about 15-20 miles south, the sun was shining and there wasn’t any snow in sight. It’s amazing what lake effect snow can do around the Great Lakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment